Useful Tips for Flower Bouquets, Arrangements, & Loose Bunches
1. It is very important to use the flower food provided by Sweetheart Rose to keep your flowers fresh for the longest time possible. The first mistake commonly made is to dilute the food by adding too much water. Make sure to follow the directions on the flower food packet for optimal results.
2. If the water in your vase becomes cloudy after a couple of days, replace the water and the flower food. You can also remove about one inch off of the flower stems to further rejuvenate the flowers.
3. Slightly cool temperatures can help increase the life of your flowers. Although it varies by species, the optimal temperature for most flowers is between 18 to 22 degrees Celsius.
4. When adding flowers to a vase, ensure that the vase has been cleaned thoroughly before adding water. Make sure that there are no leaves below the water line on the stems. The idea here is to reduce the amount of bacteria that will be exposed to the root of the stem. Bacteria significantly shortens the life of your flowers.
5. Avoid leaving your flowers in a location where they will be exposed to high heat, or a rapidly changing temperature. For example, a car during the summer months may be 10 degrees or more hotter than the outside temperature. When transporting flowers, make sure to put the air conditioner on before putting the flowers in the car.
6. Avoid putting your flowers in direct sunlight. Flowers need the sun to grow, but cut flowers have generally already matured. Sunlight can increase the rate of fading and withering of the blooms. Ideally you will keep your flowers in a location with little sunlight and few air drafts.